Saturday, December 5, 2015

US Cellular rating

I used US cellular some years ago and in the last 6 months I got a pay by the month sort of like a track-phone.  The customer service is very good and the actual phone service is good and always was good. The latest phone includes unlimited phone calls and 1 G of internet with unlimited service. After 1 gigabit the data is "throttled" or slowed. I use about 1.5 per month and it doesnt effect Etrade much but the applications are slowed down and some internet searches will not load or load real slow. I can still access e-mails.I can browse Ebay somewhat after 1 gig. Necedah Wisconsin has a problem with accessibility with a lot of services. Many phone plans, telephone landline plans and other internet landline providers which are available in the next town are not available here. This is also the case with health insurance- see my comments on Humana done a few days ago. We do have service with US cellular- I tried other track phones some available at Walmart but they do not work. US cellular works but the service is not consistent and sometimes for brief periods there is no service even though I am within eye shot of the cell tower in Necedah. I will get the exclamation point and messages no service or no internet. Consumer Cellular claims to have strong service here but I have not yet tried them. Their plan is not unlimited- if you go over the data limit you can get an overage- they will offer you the next level above the one you have though. The telephone minutes are also not unlimited which means the calls you get as well as outgoing come off your minutes. The price is about the same though. if the problem with US Cellular internet gets worse I may have to switch- for now I will live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment